Whidbey Island Reiki
Sue Averett, MA, MSW, Reiki Master Teacher
(360) 331-3393 (no texts please)
Holistic Lifestyle Mentoring
In addition to teaching Reiki and providing individual Reiki sessions, I also offer holistic lifestyle mentoring services. The reality is that despite the many wonders and beauties of living on planet earth, we are also living in a world filled with toxins, from the pollution of our air, water and soil, to exposures to chemicals, pesticides, overuse of antibiotics and other substances, and a wide variety of viruses, bacteria, and fungi. These, in addition to the wide range of stressors we are exposed to in our society, can add up to a heavy load that takes a toll on us, leaving us exhausted, weak, depressed, anxious, even ill and diseased. Sometimes fresh information, ideas and perspectives can provide the jump-start we need to assess our situations and to take steps toward healthy coping strategies and regaining our inner and outer strength, our balance and peace of mind, and improved health on all levels.
I healed myself from Lyme disease a number of years ago, with the amazing support of a wonderful naturopathic doctor, the regular use of a far-infrared sauna, Reiki, rest and sleep, sunshine and nature, and a specific protocol I researched and chose as the best path for me. I had learned the hard way that antibiotics had contributed to nearly flat-lining my immune system for awhile, and so I chose to forego western approaches to treating Lyme and opted for a holistic approach instead. My ND was astounded at how quickly I was able, over a period of a couple of years, to strengthen my immune system, massively reduce the bacterial load, and obtain better health than ever before. I had already been living a pretty healthy lifestyle, or so I thought, but I found I needed to do much, much more to really achieve vibrant health.
I've also personally dealt with heavy metals, mycotoxins and systemic candida at various points in my life, and have been able to overcome those, as well, through holistic health practices.
I have mentored many folks over the years and seen them make tremendous strides in addressing issues that stood in the way of wellness. None of us are immune from health challenges and crises at some point(s) in our lives. The good news is that there are ways to learn and grow from these experiences and to come out ahead of the game.
Steps that are critical to successfully rebuilding one's immune system and holistic wellness include but aren't limited to:
* Clean, organic foods, and drastically reducing the amount of processed foods consumed. While it is true that organic foods are more expensive, consider them an investment in your long-term health and well-being.
* Limiting exposures to toxins, including the pollutants and toxins mentioned up above, as well as EMFs (electromagnetic fields), and over-exposure to media and other energy-draining activities.
* Getting enough rest and sleep. There are steps one can take to improve the quality of both of these.
* Taking care of oneself on all levels - physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. This may include things like meditation, yoga, art, music, reiki, movement, laughter, tears, earthing, spending time in nature, counseling, support groups, reading, journaling, healing the heart and working through pain such as sorrow, grief, betrayal, addictions and more. I will listen to you and assist in connecting you with resources and referrals, if you so desire, that can support you in resolving issues that are holding you back in life. I am well-connected to a network of practitioners from a wide variety of backgrounds and professions.
In addition to my Reiki training and practice, I hold Master's Degrees in both Social Work and Counseling, with a strong background in human services, and have a teaching background, as well. I have made a career of supporting others on their journeys, and I will be most happy to consult with you to see if I may be of service.
I do not diagnose or prescribe. I simply offer counsel and guidance that you may find supportive in your quest for health and wholeness.
Member Whidbey Island Holistic Health Association